Protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information is fundamental to the way we do business at Cutco. At Cutco we are committed to protecting the confidentiality and privacy of your personal information that Cutco collects and uses in the course of its commercial activities.
Cutco may collect, use or disclose personal information in the manner described below where we have the requisite consent. Except as otherwise permitted by law, Cutco will ensure that it has the requisite consent prior to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, as described below.
Collection of Personal Information
Cutco will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner. As a general rule, the personal information that Cutco collects will be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes that are identified for their collection.
Use of Personal Information
Cutco will not disclose any personal information except for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise permitted by law.
Cutco will not disclose your personal information outside of Cutco and its related affiliates (the "Cutco Group of Companies"). Cutco may disclose your personal information within the Cutco Group of Companies to enable the provision of services (including billing, customer services and storage of personal information).
Without limiting the foregoing, Cutco will not sell or disclose any personal information to any third party in order to enable that third party to market their products and services.
Cutco will only retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, and as required or otherwise permitted by law. The retention of personal information is dealt with below, depending upon your relationship with Cutco.
Collection, Use and Retention of Personal Information
Purpose of Collection
Cutco will collect, use and disclose your personal information only for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances of our relationship, as described in further detail below.
Cutco provides various goods and services to various customers (the "Customer(s)"), and collects and uses certain personal information obtained from its Customers as follows.
To purchase products from Cutco, customers typically fill out the information required in the Customer Order Form, of which you as a Customer will have seen, filled out, and perhaps signed. They may also provide similar information by telephone, email or over the internet.
Cutco will use any personal information disclosed in the Customer Order Form to process and complete the Customer's order, including for shipping and billing purposes, and to verify either the purchase or the delivery.
In addition, a Customer's name, address, telephone number, language preference and email address (where applicable) will be used for the following limited purposes:
- Cutco Forever Guarantee - The Cutco cutlery that Customers purchase from Cutco comes is backed by The Forever Guarantee. Accordingly, the personal information identified above will also be used for purposes of maintaining and honoring the Forever Guarantee.
- Customer Satisfaction - At Cutco we mean to ensure that our Customers are completely satisfied with their Cutco cutlery, and all aspects of the purchase process. Accordingly, the personal information identified above may also be used for purposes of monitoring and ensuring Customer Satisfaction.
- Post Sale Marketing Purposes - The personal information identified above may also be used to keep past Customer informed of new products and promotions at Cutco, including catalogues and service calls, and in order to enter Customers into free give-away contests that we have from time to time.
When a Customer fills out and signs a Customer Order Form, Cutco will assume that the Customer consents to the collection, use and disclosure of the above personal information, for the purposes which we have set out above, unless notified otherwise.
A Customer may withdraw his or her consent at any time, by contacting our Privacy Officer in the manner set out below.
Due to the Lifetime Guarantee offered in respect of Cutco's products, Cutco will maintain your name, address, phone number and email address (where applicable) indefinitely, unless you notify us that you do not wish Cutco to do so.
Cutco will retain your credit card information for as long as it is required under tax legislation to keep business records (which may be up to 7 years), and upon the expiry of which all credit card information will be destroyed.
Identifying or Updating Your Information
Upon request we will provide site visitors access to unique identifier information "e.g., customer and key number" that we maintain about them, transaction information "e.g., dates when customers made purchases, amounts, and types of purchases" that we maintain.
This information can be provided or updated. Contact us by calling customer service at 1-800-361-8800, use the Change Address form, or write 322 Houghton Ave., Olean, NY 14760
Site visitors with online accounts may manage their email preferences online after signing in. Please provide your name and prior address to properly identify your account.
Opting Out of Being Contacted
To remove yourself from Cutco mailings, special promotions, email, or other contact, please call customer service at 1-800-361-8800 or write Cutco Customer Service, 322 Houghton Ave., Olean, NY 14760. Site visitors with online accounts may manage their email preferences online after signing in. We will promptly respond and update our records accordingly.
If you would not like to be tracked during your visit you can install a Do Not Track Plugin for Google Chrome or enable the Do Not Track feature in Firefox. These plugins/extensions are provided as a courtesy and are not supported in any way by NC State University.
Cutco provides a secure online experience. We understand, recognize and agree to your right to privacy. Industry standards and prudent measures are utilized so that information you provide remains private. It is never sold, shared or rented to any third party.
- At Cutco your privacy and ecommerce security is important to us. This web site is secure to conduct business transactions with confidence. If you prefer to place your order by phone please call 1-800-361-8800.
*FREE CUTCO TERMS
Offer valid through 11:59 PM ET 6/08/16. Prior purchases excluded. Cannot combine offers. When $169 or more in eligible full-priced merchandise is added to the cart, apply the promotion to add FREE Cutco. Free item must ship to the same address. Full-priced items not eligible for the FREE Cutco include the items listed below. Other exceptions may apply. Items not eligible towards the FREE Cutco will be marked on individual product detail pages.
- #1766 7" Santoku
- #3721 Santoku-Style Trimmer
- #1764 Traditional Cheese Knife
- #2166 5" Petite Santoku
- #5719 Clip Point Outdoor Knife
- #3729 Santoku-Style 8" Carver
- #3720 Santoku-Style 3" Paring Knife
- #3724 Santoku-Style 10" Slicer
- #1864 4-Pc. Table Knife Set w/ Tray
- #1836 Santoku-Style Cook's Combo in Gift Box
- #1842 Party Starters in Gift Box
- #1848 Cheese Mates in Gift Box
- #1849 Culinary Companions in Gift Box
- #1850 2-Pc. Santoku Set in Gift Box
- #1856 Santoku-Style Appetizer in Gift Box
- #1857 Santoku-Style Salad Mates in Gift Box
- #1858 Cheese Knife Combo in Gift Box
- #1859 Santoku Classics in Gift Box
- #2058 2-Pc. Cheese Knife Set in Gift Box
- #2130 Wine and Cheese Set in Gift Box
- #1940 3 Knife Combo w/Sheaths
- #1942 4 Knife Combo w/Sheaths
- #1943 5 Knife Combo w/Sheaths
- #2014 Santoku-Style Signature Set w/Table Knives
- #6014 Santoku-Style Signature Set w/Steak Knives
- #300 Cultivator
- #301 Weeder
- #302 Transplanting Trowel
- #304 Garden Trowel
- #326 4-Pc. Garden Tool Set w/ Transplanting Trowel
- #328 3-Pc. Garden Tool Set
- #GIFTCARD Cutco Gift Card