Cutco Production Story
Cutco's commitment to quality and innovation is evident throughout each step of the manufacturing process - from the selection of steel to final inspection.
Here is how a Cutco knife is made
Blanking (punching) or laser cutting a blade out of 440A high-carbon stainless steel
Heat treating transforms soft blades into hard blades, creating the best balance of hardness, flexibility, rust and stain resistance, and edge retention.
Cutco uses a three step heat-treating process: 1) Heat treating in the belt furnace, 2) Cryogenic (deep freeze), 3) Draw temper in walk-in oven
Blade polishing removes surface imperfections in the steel, creating a beautiful finish, making blades more rust resistant and easier to clean.
The sides of the blade blank are concave ground or "hollowed out" providing both maximum clearance behind the cutting edge and minimum "drag" on food being cut.
Recessed Edge Grind
The Double-D® recessed edge is the series of three razor-sharp edges on the blade with pointed teeth that protect it from coming in contact with surfaces that can dull the knife. The edge allows the blade to cut forward, backward or straight down with equal ease.
Handle molding incorporates ergonomic thermo-resin handle design to fit all hands, maximize the full power of the thumb and fingers, and lock the thumb and fingers in place for a firm grip.
The two-piece handle is riveted to the blade with high quality nickel-silver alloy rivets.
Rivets and the full blade tang are sanded flush with the handle surface, making handles smooth and comfortable grip.
Honing applies the final beveled edge (cantle) on straight-edge knives, creating a sharp consistent cutting edge.
High Speed Buffing
High speed buffing removes burrs and polishes the edge cantle, making the cutting edge of the blade smooth and razor sharp, and polishes the cutting edge.
Inspection insures that the Cutco product sent to our customer is the world's highest quality cutlery by examining every product for about 30 different functional and aesthetic defects.
END OF SUMMER SAVINGS TERMS
All offers valid through 11:59 PM ET 10/11/16. Prior purchases excluded. When eligible items are added to the shopping cart meeting the merchandise total of $149, $249 or $499, up to $100 will be deducted from the merchandise total. Cannot be combined with other offers. Sales tax will apply to the order. Express shipping available for an extra cost. All prices in Canadian dollars. Items eligible towards merchandise total will be marked. A list is below.
- #1766 7" Santoku
- #3721 Santoku-Style Trimmer
- #1764 Traditional Cheese Knife
- #2166 5" Petite Santoku
- #5719 Clip Point Outdoor Knife
- #3729 Santoku-Style 8" Carver
- #3720 Santoku-Style 3" Paring Knife
- #3724 Santoku-Style 10" Slicer
- #1864 4-Pc. Table Knife Set w/ Tray
- #1836 Santoku-Style Cook's Combo in Gift Box
- #1842 Party Starters in Gift Box
- #1848 Cheese Mates in Gift Box
- #1849 Culinary Companions in Gift Box
- #1850 2-Pc. Santoku Set in Gift Box
- #1856 Santoku-Style Appetizer in Gift Box
- #1857 Santoku-Style Salad Mates in Gift Box
- #1858 Cheese Knife Combo in Gift Box
- #1859 Santoku Classics in Gift Box
- #2058 2-Pc. Cheese Knife Set in Gift Box
- #2130 Wine and Cheese Set in Gift Box
- #1940 3 Knife Combo w/Sheaths
- #1942 4 Knife Combo w/Sheaths
- #1943 5 Knife Combo w/Sheaths
- #1851 Shear Favorites in Gift Box
- #1852 Shear Utility Set in Gift Box
- #2014 Santoku-Style Signature Set w/Table Knives
- #6014 Santoku-Style Signature Set w/Steak Knives
- #300 Cultivator
- #301 Weeder
- #302 Transplanting Trowel
- #304 Garden Trowel
- #GIFTCARD Cutco Gift Card